Mostrar la calidad del tráfico 2016: BOT íos
(Lado de la venta – charla Editorial!)
My name is Marc Joffe ( “Maverick Marc”) y usted me puede recordar de vídeos tales como: ¿Cómo calificar Ad Socios en 5 minutos“; “lo que es’ Un bloqueador de anuncios?” y Monetization is Display Advertising“. Este blog es sobre “La calidad del tráfico para editores: Superior 5 Considerations” This is vlog is part of an ongoing series of informal talk about display advertising from and insiders perspective. Let’s get to it.
Arbitrage is an obsolete Business Model
2016 is the year that Non Human traffic (NHT) and bot traffic came to an end. Well not really, but the days of spending money on non human traffic is coming to an end. The tools and sophistication of tech and processes in Display Advertising, has made it an unprofitable business model. Demand side, supply side, exchanges and the ad partners along the supply-demand chain, have traffic quality tools and teams to make sure that there is a transparency in the online advertising ecosystem.
Demand Gone bye bye
I would propose to all publishers to carefully consider changes in your traffic sources and volumes and monitor your traffic quality – as if you’ like to continue earning ad dollars. I’ve seen first hand the changes in demand dollars being shifted to sites with better quality traffic.
High traffic sites aren’t the only priority for demand sources. Traffic Quality teams are like a separate entity within that cannot be manipulated. They’re not based on relationships – but hard evidence. The percentage of Bot traffic during a time period. And based on this data, publishers, specifically mid tiers are removed from demand sources as well removed from major exchanges in the US, UK and Europe.
Considerations for Publishers Traffic Acquisition Strategies
- Arbitrage Revenue Based Model – forget it. It’s not sustainable for much longer. Get out.
- Stricter Standards: Demand Side: Ad dollar All of us are now focused on traffic quality when qualifying new ad partners and we have the tools to do that immediately.. and no we aren’t sharing that info with everyone.
- OpenX / Spot X. if you’re blacklisted from OpenX you can forget about generating any demand from the US. And If you are blacklisted from SpotX, you can forget about EU ad dollars.
- Non Human Traffic (NHT). If the traffic is too cheap then it’s NHT. Beware.
- Reputation of your website. It’s a small but global ecosystem. Don’t get blacklisted.
- (Bonus) Mid Tier networks: very susceptible to a lost revenue source. The demand side is requiring the best inventory.
Entertainment Vertical is Dead
Some verticals are more susceptible to NHT and bot traffic like Entertainment based sites. For traffic quality teams, and business development teams, and when I prospect for new partners, red flags go off now when onboarding a new publisher in the Entertainment vertical. We watch all traffic closely, but especially the Entertainment vertical. It’s time for a wakeup call… ring.. ring.. “Publishers, get your traffic quality in line with global standards and keep earning ad revenue – or go back to SEO.”
Thanks for reading. suggestions?
Earn More Ad Revenue Today
Necesita la ventaja de un gestor de consultor de publicidad y desarrollo de negocios, con una especialidad en la exhibición o la publicidad móvil? My name is Marc Joffe and I can help manage your display inventory or create new demand for your advertising space. As a Publisher Advocate that’s what I love to do. Yo trabajo desde Vancouver, Canadá y aún hacen un gran "tostada." Holandesa @adopsonline. I vlog about display, seo and marketing. Suscribirse a mi nuevo financiado por la publicidad canal de Youtube